Friday, January 30, 2009

Found a New Love


Ok, so I live in Miami Florida where the humidity is pretty much year round. Because of this, my hair requires special attention. The humidity makes my hair coil up so tight and dries it out so quickly as a result of the salt water in the air. Normally, I would have to order my products online (see previous post)in order to combat this problem. Luckily, I have found a local store that carries alot of the same products I normally would have to buy online. The store is called Ricky's NYC on Lincoln Rd in South Beach. Since I live about 5 minutes away it's easy to get to. I LOVE this store!!! They have so many curly hair products that I find on naturallycurly.com so it eliminates the shipping charges. That for me is a $30 savings at least. Since they don't sell Blended Beauty, I had to try something else that is available in the store. Well, I came across Mixed Chicks products. Another woman who was in there shopping for products as well recommended the leave-in conditioner. I had tried a sample before but wasn't really sure about it. She swore by it and said its really great. Mind you, she had curly hair but her curls were a little bigger and she is caucasion. Even still, curls are curls and they all need hydration. I figured why not give it a try again. Needless to say, I'm in love. My hair is so hydrated and the curls are pretty much perfect while staying touchably soft. I can't believe how great my hair feels. I'm so glad that this store exists and carries such great products. The great thing is, no matter the texture of your curls this product will soften your hair and perfect your curls. Today is a great hair day!

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to try Mixed Chicks products. you can get samples on their website for under a $1...WOW

    ReplyDelete